We actually coined the nickname Sproutzilla the first night that we were home from the hospital ... Charlotte was getting so crazy when I was trying to latch her on and she was licking everywhere, we just started calling her Sproutzilla.
This little girl has been one crazy woman the last couple days. She has been more 'snacking' than eating --- latching on and sucking the fast flowing milk out for about 7-8 minutes and then passes out. Any subsequent attempts to latch her back on if she is not interested result in her bucking off of me frantically --- quite often pulling my nipple out about 2 inches before letting go ... often resulting in me crying out. It's not been a fun couple of days. James is getting a lot of practice calming her down - which he seems to be better at than me anyway. I don't know if I just get really frustrated with her or what, but I often have a very difficult time calming her down.
Overall nursing is getting a lot better. I haven't had to use the shells or the shields for several days now. I am finally starting to experience what 'let down' feels like. Often when she's nursing or about to nurse, I feel a pins-and-needles sensation. Apparently it's quite common but it's definitely an interesting sensation.
Still dealing with a nasty diaper rash. I am hoping that the cloth diapers themselves are not the culprit. I am going to try stripping the diapers with the next wash (which is tomorrow) to see if that helps. Otherwise I am not sure what we're going to do.
On a fun note - this girl is getting super alert at times and is such a joy to watch interact with the world and especially her daddy. He is such a good father and I just smile thinking about the two of them gazing at each other. I only wish he would take more time to spend with her and pay a little less attention to the laptop. He's not too bad ... I just know Charlotte is going to grow up too quickly and we're going to miss these days. I did get a really cute video of the two of them earlier. It's quite precious.
I had to get this written before bed. I am watching my precious girl 'ghost sucking' in her sleep. No binky in the mouth. It's adorable.
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment