I soooo should be sleeping since she is.
However, I put her down in her crib and I can't stop staring at that beautiful girl. I never imagined love like this. I look at her and she is just so perfect. Her lips, her eyes, her fingernails, her soft soft skin, her wispy baby hair ... I can't believe that it's all perfect and exactly where it's supposed to be.
I've always been in awe at the miracle that is a baby --- the whole process from conception to birth is truly remarkable and amazing... sometimes I have a hard time believing that it actually happened to me. I feel like such a changed person in so many ways. I look at life from a whole different perspective. Every thing I want to do is for her.
I have such a hard time putting her down and knowing that it is okay to miss a few moments of her life, I just don't want to. She is going to grow up so fast ... I don't want to miss a moment of it.
Totally cheesy, but the song lyric that matches my feelings perfectly is:
"I could stay awake just to hear you breathing.
Watch you smile while you are sleeping. While you're far away and dreaming.
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender.
I could stay lost in this moment forever.
'Cause every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure.
I don't want to close my eyes, I don't want to fall asleep, 'cause I'd miss you babe.
And, I don't want to miss a thing."
-Aerosmith
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment