Sunday, August 16, 2009

Still one.

My doctor's visit this last week didn't yield any different result than the week before other than I can now call myself an official member of the 38-week club. My doctor almost looked at me apologetically after she checked me and determined that I was no closer to delivering (cervical change wise...time wise I am obviously closer) than the week before. *sigh*

Back home to anxiously awaiting for Sprout's arrival.

You know what though, maybe this is a good thing. Mentally I am so ready to have this baby here. I want to hold it. Smell its head (if you've ever smelled a baby's head you know what I'm talking about). Snuggle it. Look in awe at this thing that I helped create.

I am so glad this pregnancy fell at this point in my life. I would be so incredibly jealous at all the new babies I know that have been born lately --- especially my niece. I've seen her so many times since she is born and when I hold her, all I think of is: "I want one." When I vocalize this, I am reminded by anyone in the room, "You're having one, and soon."

That reality hasn't 100% sunk in. I mentally had chalked up months and years worth of trying for this little one, so much that it still hasn't sunk in that this has all happened so wonderfully fast. I truly am having one of those.

It's so overwhelming to think of the amount of love I have for this little person squirming away inside me, and I haven't met him/her face-to-face yet.

Until then, I'll just keep waiting until I feel like I'm about to burst (no pun intended) with the overwhelming desire to hold my precious little Sprout and finally tell him/her how much I love them. (cue the teardrops)

No comments: