As the birth of this child draws closer, more and more people continue to ask, "Do you have any feelings about what it is?"
To be honest...I really don't.
I have had dreams that it is a boy. I have had dreams that it is a girl. I joke that because I've been knitting a large pink blanket (which was originally for a friend of mine, but I am now hanging onto it in case Sprout is a girl --- which I think is fair, I've been working on the blanket for two months now!), and because I've been knitting a pink one ... that Sprout will come out a boy. But, since I have so many boy clothes, maybe it means Sprout will be a girl. Or, because my husband wants a boy so badly, it will be a girl. Or, because everyone seems to think it's a boy, that it will be a girl.
Me? I have no idea what this child is.
And to be honest, I have gotten so used to not assigning a gender to this child in my mind (I don't want to be set on one in my head and then have it come out another - one of the reasons I never wanted to know before the birth in the first place).
This child is just a soon-to-be born baby that does not have a gender in my mind. It is not a boy or a girl. It is a new life that God has blessed me with bringing into this world. I have a hard time actually thinking that this new person will actually BE a boy or a girl.
Ha - don't get me wrong I know that the child will actually have a gender, but it's just hard for me to break my gender-neutral mindset. I know as soon as this little one is born that all those thoughts will go out the window as well, but for now, I am having a hard time imagining.
I am so looking forward to holding this little Sprout in my arms. It will be so soon now, the anticipation is overwhelming.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment