So I was really hoping I might be in the 25% population that doesn't get morning sickness (since I somehow made the cut into the <1% of people that don't have wisdom teeth!)
Well- I got the answer to that question today (although I am still not 100% sure...I am also considering that I have food poisoning [bad me - I ate Turkey that had been in the fridge too long], or some sort of bug [given that I have a temperature]).
I started out having wickedly-horrible heartburn on the way home from work (pretty typical for me). I took some TUMS, but it did not go away. Took a couple more when I got home along with my daily Zantac (which I think I'm going to change because I don't think it's doing much).
Went to sleep around 9am and tossed and turned until around 11am when I got up and proceeded with the puking - which lasted roughly until 10pm. I was debating going to the emergency room (I have NEVER had heartburn that bad), but decided to call my OB's office instead. The doc on call told me that the severe heartburn is not uncommon - especially since I have been throwing up all day. He prescribed an anti-nausea medication for me. I didn't choke one down until about 9:15 - because I didn't think I could keep it down. Slept fitfully for about an hour and woke up at least not wanting to puke up my other lung...(I think my first one came out earlier). Still have wicked bloating, and in addition to all of my continuing pelvic and abdominal discomfort (thanks Endo!), I now have super sore abs due to my puke-fest.
Such a pathetic creature am I. I hate it.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment