Sunday, March 29, 2009

anxious and excited

I am now 18 weeks.
I feel like this is a huge milestone - mainly because it's time for the ultrasound.

Ultrasound - yay!!! I have not yet had the privilege of having a glimpse of this being growing inside me. Other than the flutters that I had a few weeks ago and my ever growing belly - I have not had any other real feelings that this little one is inside me moving around and growing...

I KNOW that this thing will be kicking me allllllll the time very soon (and I'll be praying for a break from it!) but for now, I am soooooo anxious to know that sprout is doing okay! The fact that I can't feel him/her move drives me crazy at times. I focus on trying to feel the movements so much with nothing. *sigh*

I am so curious as well to know whether it's a boy or a girl! I've been so insistent on not finding out the gender because I want so much to be surprised in the delivery room - but it doesn't make me any less curious!!! I have had pretty strong feelings lately that it's a boy - but you never know! I initially thought it was a boy - and then for a good month or two I was convinced that it was a girl! I am back to being convinced that it is a boy. I guess we'll find out sooner rather than later! I only have five months left until I find out - and then I'll know for the rest of my life what he/she is! Waiting is still making me curious too!

I'm so excited for our first photo of this little one tomorrow, but I am also anxious to know that everything is going well. I hope I sleep well tonight with all this anticipation!!!

No comments: