Tuesday, November 17, 2009

back to work

I can't believe this day is here already. I've been so busy with my little girl, I haven't had nearly the amount of time to sit down and type as I would like, but I am definitely thankful for the moments that we have had.

I go back to work tomorrow. I am so unbelievably sad to leave my little girl. As I was rocking her to sleep tonight, I was just heartbroken to know I won't be able to do it tomorrow or the two days after that. I know she will be in wonderful hands with James, but I just can't bear to leave her yet.

I have truly been blessed to have been able to take a full 12 weeks off work. I wish that it could be longer, but I am fortunate to have had this long with her. I know it is probably better for me to get used to having some time away from her (and healthy I'm sure), but it just makes me sad that I might miss something.

I love Charlotte more than I ever knew it was possible to love someone. I am in love with her and I am in love with being a mom. I am so grateful that I have had this opportunity. I couldn't imagine spending my life a better way than being a mother.

No comments: