Thursday, November 5, 2009

10 weeks

Once again I am kicking myself for not blogging more often, but seeing as I am now a busy mother, I should feel grateful that I have blogged as much as I have.

Charlotte is growing and changing so much! She looks like a chubby baby rather than a mature fetus. She is so animated during her active times ... it is such a joy to watch her become her own little person.

It is hard to believe she's already 10 weeks old! She was 11 pounds on Monday ... such a big girl! Holding her head very steady, rolling over, enjoying tummy time with her head held high, loving to stand ... that's my girl! She is starting to have more periods of quiet play which has been beneficial for me. She is learning to suck on her hands more as well, which is hopeful that she might not become TOO attached to her binky. However, as she gets older, she is also starting to nap less and her periods of nap are growing shorter and shorter which makes for long and tiring days for me, as sometimes I don't get much of a break. Sometimes I long for a break from my girl, but I try to remind myself to enjoy these days for they are numbered.

I go back to work in 2 weeks. Sometimes the thought is nice ... a break from my crying girl (although I get to go hear other babies cry ...), longer periods of sleep during the day (read: hopefully 6 hours of solid sleep!!!!) I haven't had that long a period of sleep in who knows how long ... probably since about April! However, I am going to miss her so much! Not only will I miss four days out of the week with her, but three nights as well. I have scheduled in some time with her every morning and evening and depriving myself of some (much needed) sleep ... but I cannot go without seeing my girl. I grew her for nine months and I have cared for her for two plus months 24/7. I cannot go without seeing my sweet girl.

I cannot.

No comments: