I feel like today was a major milestone in the pregnancy. I am now 24 weeks which means that Sprout is now developed enough to live outside me (although I'm not recommending this...)
It's surreal knowing that I have seen babies as far along as 24 weeks. 2 of them. It's pretty incredible, but scary too. With every week here on out - I have something to compare Sprout to. I've taken care of a baby at that gestational age. And while I am terrified that Sprout will make his/her appearance earlier than desired...I pray that s/he finds my uterus comfy enough to stay for another 14-16 weeks. I'll even give up my bladder for Sprout to use as a water bed...since it's become that anyway!
Otherwise things are going splendidly. I have felt Sprout move every day since April 7th (which is easy to remember since that's our anniversary), and I LOVE feeling the movements (even though they are really weird and sometimes uncomfortable). James still hasn't felt the baby kick - which he doesn't seem too bothered about. I think it bothers me more than him. I almost feel selfish in that I get to feel them and he doesn't. I guess that's all part of it - and I know he'll feel it soon...
I can't believe this little one will be here in 16 weeks. I'm getting super excited and also incredibly nervous about pushing this thing out. Doesn't help that I get to see women give birth at work and think "Man...I have to do that soon." Epidurals are sounding more and more appealing.
Friday, May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment