I had my first prenatal visit today!
I was soooooo hoping they would do a sonogram so I could see this little being, but no such luck. I guess I should view that as a good thing since they usually only do sonos this early if there is a problem. She said everything appeared normal (other than my wickedly wild normal nausea)
The nurse did get the doppler out to look for a heartbeat! She looked for quite awhile, and I was beginning to think maybe we wouldn't get to hear one, when......
pshhhh pshhhh pshhhh pshhhh!!! There it was! Baby heartbeat!!! It was the most beautiful sound!!! I of course cried, which made James laugh. Then I laughed, and couldn't stop, so that was the end of the baby noise! They're going to do another listen at my next visit - and I think we'll take the video camera so everyone can hear it!
It still seems so hard to believe all of this, but hearing the heartbeat made it a lot more real - still not sure it will 100% sink in until I feel it moving or until I see the sono. Maybe not even until it is born!
Craziness.......
I couldn't be happier.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment