Saturday, October 25, 2008

probably too optimistic......

We only started "trying" a week ago.
I'm probably being too optimistic because at this point when we say trying, it just means I'm off the pill. I started taking my basal body temperatures, but only because I wanted to get an idea of what my base is. I'm not sure how well that method will work, since I work nights, so my waking time is never the same.
The other day before work I got a little sick and - of course- I had the fleeting thought "could I really be pregnant already"? I told James, and course he got way more excited than I wanted, and I eventually caved in and took a pregnancy test - well knowing that I was more than likely only going to see one line and not two. I had said I wasn't going to take a test until after I got my monthly crimson wave back - that is to say if it does come back.

I guess right now I could say I'm "cautiously optimistic" about the pregnancy thing. I'm hoping it happens without a glitch, but I'm prepared for the long haul of fertility treatments.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for the former, because drumming up enough energy for the latter.......will definitely take awhile.

No comments: