Monday, February 27, 2012

Annabelle

Our beautiful girl was born Feb 18th at 4:56am, weighing 6lb 14oz and measuring 19.5 inches.

I had always felt like she would be smaller than her sister - and mama was right!

My precious angel is 9 days old today ... it already feels like it's flying. I'm trying to remember back to these early days with Charlotte ... it seems like such a long time ago, but also feels like yesterday. I look at her now, and can't believe she was ever this tiny! (although she wasn't THIS small ...)

Annabelle is a great baby - she is very mellow - so mellow that it worries me how placid she is sometimes - a very different temperament from her sister! Already I'm noticing so many differences between the two of them ...
Charlotte loved to be swaddled ... Annabelle hates it.
Charlotte loved (and still loves!) her binky ... Annabelle will take one, but not consistently.
Charlotte couldn't sleep unless it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop ... Annabelle would sleep through a tornado (which I guess is good when you have a 2.5 year old running around)

Charlotte loves her baby sister. She has been very sweet with her, and so far hasn't had too difficult of a time adjusting. She runs up to her frequently and talks to her in the sweetest voice ... "Hiiiiiii, baby sister!" She loves kissing on her and hugging her -and loves to hold her (although she needs a LOT of supervision). I'm happy to see her love her so much ...

I'm loving my girls. The first few weeks are rough, but I truthfully think they're going as well as they can.

No comments: