So there are some definite pros to being pregnant. And definitely some cons as well. But all those things aside, I've come to realise what is definitely the hardest part about having this live-in roommate. And that would be gaining weight - and being okay with it.
When you've struggled with your weight your entire adolescent and adult life - and managed to take decent control over it and get back to a point where you're happy with where you are - it is one of the most difficult things in the world to let that take a backseat to baby-growing and watch the scale continue to climb not only up to, but past numbers you swore you would never see again. Ever.
And it's not only that you have to be okay with this ridiculous weight gain, but it's expected that you are okay with it. And others not only acknowledge this, but ASK you how much you've gained. That's my own private business.
My answer to you: too much. (Although it's really just right)
I don't think it helps that I always feel hungry regardless of the amount of food I eat. I can manage to ignore the hunger for a bit, but once it takes over your entire thought process and is all consuming- I have to remember that the baby needs food too, and unfortunately babies don't get nutrition from cellulite.
I want little Sprout to stay in there as long as possible, but I cannot WAIT until I can hit the gym and get back down to a pre-pregnancy weight that is respectable. I am determined that I will get there. I'll show you. I'll show all of you.
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment